- Tuesdays 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- (or by appointment)
I am an experienced, enthusiastic teacher, with broad educational interests. My primary goal is to help students live more ethical, civically engaged, and thoughtful lives through the practice of philosophy. Philosophical training should help students develop tools they need to more fruitfully explore ambiguous, complex, messy questions, both individually and with others. Current and past courses I have taught include:
- Pre-College Philosophy - High School Ethics Bowl (experiential learning course in which undergraduates learn about ethics by helping local High School Ethics Bowl teams prepare for competition)
- Pre-College Philosophy - Philosophy for Children (experiential learning course in which undergraduates learn about philosophy by preparing to lead philosophy sessions in K-5 afterschool programs)
- Morality & Law
- Advanced Social and Political Philosophy
- Philosophy of Law
- Environmental Ethics
- Medical Ethics
- Introduction to Modern Logic
- Philosophy and Current Issues
- Introduction to Philosophy
I am also involved in the Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl competition. I am the faculty advisor and assistant coach for UNC's Ethics Bowl team, and was formerly the Ethics Bowl organizer and coach at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln.