- Tuesdays 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- (or by appointment)
My primary goal is to help students develop tools they need to more fruitfully explore ambiguous, complex, messy questions, both individually and with others. Current and past courses I have taught include:
- Pre-College Philosophy - High School Ethics Bowl (experiential learning course in which undergraduates learn about ethics by helping local High School Ethics Bowl teams prepare for competition)
- Pre-College Philosophy - Philosophy for Children (experiential learning course in which undergraduates learn about philosophy by preparing to lead philosophy sessions in K-5 afterschool programs)
- Morality & Law
- Advanced Social and Political Philosophy
- Philosophy of Law
- Environmental Ethics
- Medical Ethics
- Introduction to Modern Logic
- Philosophy and Current Issues
- Introduction to Philosophy
I am also involved in the Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl competition. I am the faculty advisor and assistant coach for UNC's Ethics Bowl team, and was formerly the Ethics Bowl organizer and coach at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln.